Monday, November 26, 2018

Twice boarded on the ship in Boston/Carlos Pueblo


Twice boarded on the ship in Boston/Carlos Pueblo

My first route of this cruise is from Boston to Boston via the Eastern
Caribbean while the second route is a repeat, from Boston to San Juan,
Porto Rico, the winter home port of the ship. Twice boarded in Boston
were quite a challenge to me due to a cold weather at the first time and
a mistake of taking a subway on a wrong direction. I left the scarf home
and was very uncomfortable waiting inside the airport before going to
the ship terminal. On the second time, I left the ship and decided to visit
Harvard or MIT campuses and at the returning subway, I took a wrong
train toward the South Street instead of the South Station in the result,
I barely made back to the ship before it left the terminal.

I thought that I was experience in travel and good at luggage packing, yet
my neck was not covered, without turtle neck and scarf. Boston was in the
40’s plus or minus. I tried to save some money and trouble to wait inside of
the airport for two nights and I did make it nothing but comfortable. When
the ship had been completed the first two weeks journey and returned to
Boston Port, I bought a simple scarf from the gift shop and marched down
to the city. Even though the severe situation was still existed, I was able to
visit MIT campus, marched on both side of the River Charles, met two lovely
Akita dogs on the cherry park on the other side of the river. I walked to the
Prudential busy district and ended somewhere at a corner of a bunch of
fleet market for fruits and vegetable and I decided to return to the ship.

I walked down to a subway station and took a red line train toward a stop
called South St. and after one hour, the train reached to the South Street
and it was not inside the city. I had to take another train at Boston College
to return to the city. It is a commuter train and stop at every stop to pick up
the commuter. I did make it to the real South Station, the city center area,
and made it to the Silver Line 2 bus to the port. The bus driver noticed my
worry and let me off the bus in front of the ship. The guard asked me what I
was doing and I pointed to the ship that was waiting for my return. He verified
my passport and picture and ordered me hurry up. On the second floor, the
cruise personnel were still gathered on one desk and informed each other that
I was the last one should be on board and I had already had a key card to enter
the ship. I looked at my watch and that was 3:30 pm. The ship left Boston at
4:30 pm. I wondered how much I would spend more if I missed the ship.   

No comments: