Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Identify to Cebu City, Philippine/Carlos Pueblo


Identify to Cebu City, Philippine/Carlos Pueblo

On the second Latitude Party, I adopted Jenny, a singer at Bliss Lounge, as
my daughter. There is  a question asked by her partner why I identify to
Cebu City, Philippine, me illamo Carlos Pueblo de Cibu, Philippine. I explained
my story with a teacher from that city in the 60’s, William Correa, who has
a big influence in Buddhism. When I was at senior high school in Taipei, Taiwan,
my Dad asked me to visit Professor Liu, Correa’s original Chinese surname, from
Philippine for guidance of life. He spoke a perfect Amoy, our mother tongue and
Mandarin. He explained the 8 life suffering on Buddhism and the physiological
theory behind the Buddhist’s lotus seat. In case of any anxiety, I am still practicing
both teaching so far. He had proudly presented his achievement of building schools
in both Manila and Cibu with total of six as a matter of fact. Jenny’s partner asked me
the names and I google it. Samantabhadra Institute and Manjusri Senior High both
in the two largest cities. The names are the famous ancient Buddhas. He graduated
from Amoy University which was originally build by another distinguished Chinese
Filipino, Mr. Chen. He never married during his life time, born in 1910 like my Dad,
became a Buddhist monk in 1984, becoming the head monk of large temples in both
Malaysia and Singapore until his death in 1993.

On a further research, I found a connection of the Cebu Island and the language
Cibuano. People from Cibu Island are identified as the Austronesian which is the
same as Taiwanese aborigines. The language has been perished for a long time
due to the Chinese influence yet still alive up to the mountain area of Taiwan. I
wonder if I can catch up some from my daughters from Cebu for some Cibuano
greeting during my limited life time.

I mention my finding to my Filipino neighbor in Houston. He says that there are
at least 8 major languages in Philippine and he can command 4 of them freely.
Cibu is well influence by the Spanish and Mexican in history. When I pop up some
Spanish, most of my well educated daughters smile and comprehend.

I am very fortunate to meet and adopting more than 150 daughters on board of
my cruise journey. I shall introduce this group of beautiful, good manners, well
educated, and hard work ladies to my readers worldwide.




No comments: