Saturday, March 4, 2017

Visiting old town Prague, Czech Republic/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting old town Prague, Czech Republic/Carlos Pueblo

I was at a tram stop and waiting for a line 12 tram to the famous Charles
Bridge of Prague. A nice and pretty young lady chatted with me in a fluent
English about the city. She just returned to the city from a 6 months visit
to Denver, Colorado. She pointed the classical structure of her favorite
along the route of the tram. I was wondering how the city attracted so
many residents and how the city to provide so much job opportunity. She
told me that might be the IT, information technology. She saw me to get off
the tram right in front of the Bridge.

People see the Bridge and remember that distinguished king of Bohemia,
Charles IV. He connected the Prague Castle to the old town square across
the mighty Vltava River. A big crowd already gathered on the Bridge. I
overheard a familiar sound in front of the first bridge tower. Ms. Chu was
with her other two companions passing through the bridge toward the direction
of the old town square. Interestingly to know that she graduated from the
same department same university 10 years after me. We didn’t have too much
time to chat; however, we did exchange our e-mail address for the future
correspondence. I was wondering on the bridge to see every old the 30 statues
and saints where draw the most attention with street artists and vender of
all kinds in between. Portrait artists, even including silhouette, performed their
talent right on the spot, of course with a fee. I saw some business yet most of the
visitors were busy on their photographing for their own memory.

I followed the crowd to pass the third bridge tower near the old town square.
It is a very good size of square center among cathedral churches. A historical clock
tower is there with a huge gathering to watch the time of clock striking. I had taken so many pictures and I had to look them up again to see what I had been seeing around. As a matter
of fact that I had visit  the old town square almost every day of my staying.

Charles IV was the king of Bohemia Kingdom and also was appointed as the emperor of
the Holly Roman Empire. It is very interesting this part of history. Prague was the capitol of
such kingdom and empire where many European ancestors moved in with plenty of job
opportunity just like nowadays U.S. and western Europe. Czech was a classical nation rich
in history and culture. Its arm dealer used to ship assault machine gun to China to arm the
warlord. The old assault weapon ended up in a police office in our neighborhood. A famous
accusation of sedition, involving a classmate’s father, that the accused group attempted to
grasp such Czech assault  weapon for rebellion. It was one of the reason brought me here
for visit and I would like to see if I could visit the old weapon factory one of these days.


No comments: