Sunday, March 5, 2017

Replacing two bathroom faucets/Carlos Pueblo

Replacing two bathroom faucets/Carlos Pueblo

Homeowner always needs to take care of various parts of the house in
order to function properly. There was a leak of a faucet at Arthur’s bathroom
counter, a problem at one of my cold water faucet, and also there was a broken
plastic connection at our toilet. We purchased new parts for a handy man to
replace them. He came by one Sunday morning without bringing his tools and
fortunately we came out with a Philip screwdriver and a simple plumber pliers.
After taking apart first rusty faucet, he couldn’t fit the new part, even though as
the same brand, to one end of the water source. He showed me the problem and
explained to me the difference of a flare end to a compression end and asked me
to go to the shop to buy some adapter to covert the new pipe from compression
end to flare end which mean something to do with the new pipe. It’s too complicate
to take off the new pipe for me to show the store personnel and I took the old one
anyway to help me to explain the situation.

A young man in the front knew exactly my problem was and instructed me to aisle
14king for a 3/8 inch something. I took the part to a customer service counter to make
Sure that I was doing right. A man on duty shook his head and eventually accompanied
me to the aisle and spoke to my plumber on my mobile. He was frustrated and said that
he wanted to come to the store himself. The service man went ahead figuring out what
he could do to resolve the problem. He tried my old pipe end to a small panel with various
connection of ends and found several adapters, negative and positive ends, to fit and
convert the flare end to a compression end in four parts and claimed that should make
the end to be a compression end to meet the new pipe at home. I was in a very good
lesson of pipe connection while I didn’t have such experience when I was at schools to
touch chemical instruments in laboratories.

The plumber completed the job and promised me that if I would sand the front door
though then he would come back to finish painting to protect raining dame to the door.
Suddenly I found there are so much that I have to do with this getting old house.



No comments: