Sunday, March 5, 2017

Practice makes perfect/Carlos Pueblo

Practice makes perfect/Carlos Pueblo

I was watching many Japanese samurai movies and suddenly a documentary
of real samurai produced by NHK popped up. I turned attention to this video
with a conclusion, Practice makes perfect. Two days later, I was summoned to
a tennis double games and ran into a player with stroke consistently forehand
and backhand. Friends call him ball machine Dan because he builds his tennis
skill by practice with tennis ball machine.

Japanese swordsmanship comes back alive after century decline. The documentary
Introduces Katori Shinto-ryu, one of the three surviving schools at Narita, Chiba
Near the famous Narita Airport of Tokyo. The school allows students practice with
wooden sword and I watch carefully that the practice is repeating again and again
for varies technique attacking certain parts of unprotected body. That is why as the
master indicates traditional Japanese swordsmanship or the art of fencing can not
be a part of fencing sport at the Olympic. I have watched the famous duel between
him and Sasaki Kojiro at a beach front. The legend, after research and research,
tells that he used a solid wooden sword to make that fatal blow on Kojiro’s forehead.
It’s a matter of seconds.

I have regretted that I don’have enough practice for my tennis stroke; therefore, I
depend on game experience to fool around all tennis double matches. No strong
strike to win a point but returning the ball softly by slicing it to avoid hitting out of
the line. I have been winning by waiting the opponent’s error. I envy very much for
Dan’s hitting skill and I believe that hitting with a ball machine can reach the level
of practice makes perfect like the swordsmanship. Am I too late to start over? Or
am I too stubborn to be changed? Or I really don’t need to worry about it just
enjoy the remaining of my time to play the game?






No comments: