Wednesday, December 14, 2016

First visit of Heidelberg, Germany/ Carlos Pueblo

First visit of Heidelberg, Germany/ Carlos Pueblo

On the second day of landing in Frankfurt, Germany, I was on my way
to visit Heidelberg, Germany, a lovely city about two hours bus ride
south of Frankfurt. Unfortunately, it was a rainy day yet still a plenty
place to visit on foot. I walked to a man campus of the famous Heidelberg
University, the ruined castle, and the attractive old town Heidelberg. At
the end of my day, I ran into a group of wild African rose-ringed parakeets
in front of the central rail station. They are coming to play on the trees
at 7:00 pm sharp by the thousands.

Heidelberg is a venerable university in Europe where an old musical movie,
 Student Price, was based here with a scenery of the ruined castle and the
old town area. It was a fiction love story occurred here for a crown prince
of a small German kingdom, yet there were real student prince happening
in a nearby Bonn University with a much distinguished Kingdom of Prussia.
Many campus split among the old town area including the movie scene and
a library on the main street. I also visited a student center of an Egyptian
study and architecture design. On the north side of the Neckar River, there
is a larger campus with a psychiatric department, pardon me for my poor
German language, and much more. I wanted to visit the law school where a
famous human right attorney in Taiwan, Yu Ching, to get his doctorate of law
here in the 70’s. I regretted that I did not find it.

I was on my way back the north side of the river Neckar, you know that Neckar
merged to River Rhine at Mannheim about 20 miles north of here. Neckar likes
Rhine, Main, Elbe, and Danube etc. all with a very good navigation system and
fully utilized their water ways. The ruined castle is on the top of a small hill right
by the old town square. At the time when I arrived, both the old town and the
castle were full of tourists, group by group, even though it was raining. The
local authority is rebuilding some portions of the ruins. During those 30 years
war and the war of inherit, there were damage of the castle. A French King,
Louis XIV was blamed for the most of the damage; however later, I was learned
that the most significant one was done by the thunder stroke and other related
explosion. It is a very good walk or hiking from the top to the bottom and vice
versa.

I went to visit Heidelberg for the second time before my end of German visit. It
was still very limited place to cover. After I read on the internet for the introduction

of the city history, I hope that I shall visit the city again if I may.

No comments: