Sunday, June 5, 2016

Traveling eastward 47 day

Traveling eastward 47 days/ Carlos Pueblo
On April 16, 2016, we took Norwegian Jade cruise liner from Houston
across Atlantic Ocean to Barcelona for 16 days, after that I continue myself
for a land tour in part of Europe until June 2, 2016 with a total of 47 days
traveling eastward. There are several stop during this trip which covering
many cities, Miami, St. Tomas, Funchal , and Barcelona; after 3 nights in
Barcelona, we went to London in separate way for one and two nights, I
went to Dublin for 5 nights, Paris 12 nights and Frankfurt for 9 nights. I
plan to write my journey for 200 pieces each in Chinese and English to
describe my feeling toward this trip.

Norwegian is the only cruise line which I have had experience, 6 times
total so far, Jewel 4 ,Epic 1, and this time with Jade, in a week, I’ll take
Sun twice in Alaska. In Miami, I took a free city bus.to tour certain portion
of the city; walking at St. Thomas, the capital city of Virgin Islands; walking
in Funchal, a Portuguese island city. A pretty city garden with spring flowers
started my late spring flower journey in Europe.

This European trip began in Barcelona, a city which I had visited last year.
I was on my way to the hotel via walking and train while the rest of our group
joined with another group of 3 took taxi to the hotel and left their luggage and
went out for city tour. I ran into a kind of Catalonians couple to help me getting
to the subway, there is a story behind it and allow me to describe it later in details.
Then, it was London one day in two Royal Parks and a nice dinner with a friend from
Tokyo. Following by Dublin, Paris, and Frankfurt, due to cold weather this year, the
spring blossom came out late and I enjoyed so much with cherry blossom, turnip ,
peony , roses, and rhododendron, etc., that is a surprise to the trip for me.

After visiting several major cities, I am filled with deep emotion. It is 71 years after
the end of World War II yet I still can see the marks of war damage especially in
Frankfurt, Germany. Paris is better off due to quick surrender while Hitler’s Germany
dragged on, of course it had been rebuilt since 1945 while German paid the price and

the human civilization pulled back and might not be recovered.

No comments: