Wednesday, December 27, 2023

My year end greeting 2023/Carlos Pueblo

 My year end greeting 2023/Carlos Pueblo

It's been a week since coming back from a Transatlantic cruise. The itinerary is the reverse from a trip of 2022 with the same ship between Civitavecchia, Italy and New York City. It's very interesting to write about it. I flew from Houston to Istanbul and transferred to Rome, after a 10 hours wait to pick up a friend we took trains to the port city and marched to the gate of the port in order to get a free ride to the ship. On my way back, we took a straight route from Ponta Delgada, Portugal directly to Manhattan Port to avoid a hurricane in Bermuda. Finally, I caught three late or final buses at midnight to reach home. It has been an exciting year of travel including 11 cruises and two 3 weeks high speed rail trips in Japan. I even got a chance to call my elder sister Mary at TPE airport, which made me decide to visit Formosa next year.

Amy negotiates a big contract to renovate our house foundation and the waste sewer plumbing system. A 42 piers will be installed around the sinking area while a total replacement of the PVC pipes is required simultaneously. I was on my cross Atlantic Ocean trip and had no argument but agreed to pay. The work is going to begin today. Owning a house must also face the cost of the real estate taxes and the maintenance.

Michelle is changing her job again. This time it is a healthcare company. Arthur is still with his original supermarket company. Amy is quite busy at home. I feel aging yet still like to avoid loneliness. I write about my senior life and travelling. 

Happy New Year.

No comments: