Sunday, December 24, 2023

Coming back from a Transatlantic cruise in 2023/Carlos Pueblo

 Coming back from a Transatlantic cruise in 2023/Carlos Pueblo

Three days ago, I was coming back from a Transatlantic cruise in 2023 embark at Civitavecchia Port on north of Rome, Italy. It's was a long trip hard on both flights from Houston to Rome and Newark to Houston while quite comfortable on a 15 days cross Atlantic Ocean cruise. I was tired and required a three days rest at home.

I was taking a credit card promoting points to purchase one way airplane tickets; therefore, I was routed to a long distance and an odd hour flights in order to get cheap plane tickets. First, I flied form IAH to Istanbul, Turkey and wait 3 hours to transfer another flight to Rome. While landing at Rome airport, I waited 10 hours to my specialty restaurants dinner partner to land and accompany her to take trains to the cruise terminal. In order to save 6 Euros, we walked along a busy traffic streets to the gate of the cruise port.

On my way back to Houston in the Manhattan cruise terminal, I was lucky to caught a shuttle bus to Newark Airport in New Jersey. Waiting for 10 hours to catch a night flight back to Houston; yet I didn't realize my luggage was arrived early than myself. Finally, I was lucky to catch my third bus after the midnight to be home.

Many house chores are awaiting for me to settle. There are two major house improvement awaiting for me, a foundation repair and a plumbing replacement with a grand cost of $40,000. Amy has already packed and removed some furniture and staff in order for the sticks 42 of them in and out of the house to be established. What I need is to get my share of money to be ready when the jobs are completed.

It will be costed more if I let the house sinking more and tear down the house and rebuild a new one while we can do some renovation and live here until the end of our life because we love the house and the neighborhood.

No comments: