Monday, January 6, 2020

Visiting the garden city of Akaroa, South Island, New Zealand/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting the garden city of Akaroa, South Island, New Zealand/Carlos Pueblo

The ship sails northeast direction at night toward Akaroa on the central east part of the South Island, New Zealand. We had had tendering services to transfer us ashore. The city is surrounded by rolling stone hills with large green field and forest on the valley and lower steps of the mountains. The colors of the landscape, light green for the lawn while woods forest spread out in between. I walked toward the right hand direction as usual toward a light house. Quickly, I was attracted by a mansion above the ground level of the main road. Its flowers over my head on a corner of a street entrance with colorful attraction. They are roses, dahlias, and some other pretty flowers. The mansion is on the right side with ladders lot of garden and pretty lawn. I could see roses on every corners of the mansion. The lady owner overheard my question to a maintenance about the name of an attracted flower invited me to come upward to have a better view of the house. It's called the geranium which she spelled it for me to write dawn on the city map. I compliment on her home garden while she tries to get rid of the morning glory, she recommends me visit a street at the city center to view some fantastic garden of the city very famous over the entire nation.

There is a city garden up on the hill right by the mansion. I entered from the main road. The garden is actually a city park on a forest with huge trees. There is a public cemetery, children play ground, and a viewing post facing the bay. I ran into two local families visiting here with good conversations. From the out look post, I can see the city is still planting trees in memory of some significant events like previously done for the end of Wars, the Queen's coronation, etc. I can reach a little bit farther away with my binocular. I turned after reaching the light house back to the city center.

The garden street is a street above the main road and I believe that there is more. Almost every house has a very attractive flower garden full of colorful flowers. The city has been built by the French immigrants; therefore all names of streets are still in French. I have had a very good collection of photos on almost every house on the street. While I was taking pictures of flowers, a pretty lady tried to write down the same flower's name, geranium on my i-phone. Her husband was jealous and attempted to drag her away yet she insisted to complete her instruction. She told me not to be afraid the modern technology. The street came to an end with the main road and I kept on going along the coastal line, the beach, toward another city center.

There is a rose garden, very attractive one, on a War Memorial right by the road before the other business center. I went to take every roses picture on every lot. It's amazing. I have had very found memories and collections of roses gardens where I have visited worldwide. It's almost 4 hours of my hiking and I was exhausted.

No comments: