Monday, September 30, 2019

The second day back to NYC 2019/Carlos Pueblo

The second day back to NYC 2019/Carlos Pueblo

The Metropolitan Museum of Fine Art is one of the most often places which I have visited in NYC. Yong provided me his zip code in order to get a local resident status to pay a discount admission while previously, I could direct the cashier how much to donate. It is now mandatory, no resident asked for $20 with 10% senior discount. We went out to have a simple breakfast at a donuts shop, then he drove me to visit a park near by the bay. Staten Island was an old landfill of NYC with plenty of Italian immigrants at the beginning. Now, it is a mixed race of several international with half a million population. Because of the Staten Island light rail system, many Asian Indian American utilize it to commute to Manhattan work place, of course via the Staten Island ferry.

I managed to make it to the west side museum before noon and prepare to answer the zip code after a safety inspection of my backpack and cameras. The cashier required a photo identification to prove my residency; therefore, I decided not to spend the money and walked out into the Central park instead. I only enjoy my learning by a minimum cost, i.e.,
visiting local art gallery or the British Museum, etc. they are all free of charge. It was a beautiful day and shaded benches were mostly occupied and finally, I found one to share with another person in front of a pond full of battery powered toy sail boats. A pair of pretty girls were taking photos with a light reflection board with a photographer. A girl wore a traditional dress with a bonnet while the other one wore a rider's outfit and they took turn to hold the board and allow the young man to take photo of different positions. I had had two cameras in the bag and asked their permission to take pictures of them. I took 6 shots with my Pentax and promised to e-mail them back. I should learn and carry my portrait lens with me that day to have their pictures taken. They are students in college to become movie stars.

I walked around the pond to the other side and took a short nap on a bench. The park became busy in the afternoon while sun was shining, the locals came out to have sun tent while I was simply enjoying my nap and good memory of my past visits. I did see the cherry blossom in the Park during my return to NYC from several D.C. Cherry Blossom Festivals. I also had visited the Brooklyn Park for its 800 cherry trees in spring. On my way out of the Park back to the subway station, I stopped by a small museum of a U.S. French museum, actually a book store yet very nice. I walked through some familiar scenery of the Manhattan.

We had had a light dinner at home, a pan fried red snapper, claim soup, rice portage, a salty vegetable jam like sea weeds, and the left over marinated duck. We continued our conversation of our life at old age.

No comments: