Monday, September 23, 2019

Coming back from my summer retreat cruise trip/Carlos Pueblo

Coming back from my summer retreat cruise trip/Carlos Pueblo

A day before yesterday right after midnight, I arrived home from a 25 day trip of the land and cruise combined trip in New England and Canada. I define it as a summer retreat vacation from the summer heat way of Texas temporarily away from a 102 degree Fahrenheit to the
high 50's. I arrived 4 days early in New York City to visit friends and interesting places and left late on the disembark in order to have a lunch with an old friend and his wife. The Hudson Yard is a new wonder which I like to describe. The back to back cruise route is from NYC to Quebec City including several current day paradise in New England, Nova Scotia, Quebec, and repeated on the way back to NYC. To my surprise, I have visited he home town of the late Senator Claiborne Pell at Newport, Rhode Island; Boston, MA; Portland and Bar Harbor, ME; Halifax and Sidney, Nova Scotia; Quebec City, Quebec; and Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, al are current day paradise in the world.

 My summer villa is the huge cruise ship and I am mobile. I didn't see the foliage, change color of the leaves; however, I still see lovely dahlia and chrysanthemum at the home gardens at the coastal line of Bar Harbor. I met several lovely dogs out on the harbor walk of Halifax and the newly maiden voyage of the British Carrier, the Queen Elizabeth on her drill at Halifax harbor. Quebec City is another amazing city which I have had plenty of time to count the old cannons on the citadel. I read all the monument come to my eyes for the description of history. I can tell a whole story why I admire the city and he people who have built such a place of history.

I shall write all of these lovely place on my journal with a back up support of my cameras even though I do miss some lovely scenery while the ship slowly moving away from the beautiful farm and mansion of Quebec City along the St. Lawrence River and the coastal line of Newport toward Manhattan.

No comments: