Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Facing another car issue/Carlos Pueblo

Facing another car issue/Carlos Pueblo

When I arrived home from my trip, I was facing another car issue immediately. Amy was nervous about a sudden drop of 43 inches rain which her new vehicle was restrained on streets for hours might be flooded. I agree to bring the vehicle to the dealership for checking up after many of her concerns, such as the engine service soon light, computer screen mash up since last oil change, and her complaint of 10,000 miles limit of free oil change after one year, etc. Man, driving a new vehicle is still facing issue of any kinds now a day. She did have similar situation previously on our old Honda Accord flooded on a stormy night while parking on the street with a total loss and troublesome afterward with the tall authority for the new owner not paying toll fees. I agree to accompany her to the dealership and bring her home while waiting for the check up of the dealership.

The manager on duty assign a foreman to handle our walk in. He asked if the door mat was wet, no was answered; therefore, the vehicle was not flooded. She still wanted the dealer to check the engine to make sure no water in it. He said that would cost $135 and she wanted to pay for it to make her a peace of mind. I disagreed and she yield. We walked out the office toward the vehicle and he checked on the vehicle panel and did some adjustment in less than a minute and announced everything was alright and free to go. Engine service soon is for the oil change reminder and he takes it off. Computer panel messed up was from last oil change, a wrong touch and the mechanic didn't know how to adjust it. Upon returning home, I asked her to pay me $135 with my guaranty of the safety of flood damage. She changes her mind to buy such peace of mind.

Since I missed my morning walk, I might just finish another car issue of my own, an annual inspection of safety and air pollution in order to renew a sticker permit to drive on the street. I inherit a 1998 Q45 from the family, from Amy when it was brand new for the purpose of grocery shopping and children delivery and a vehicle for Arthur's transportation to work, etc. After there were mechanic issued occurred, it became for me to handle it, an old man without any use of the vehicle. I have to spend money to fix various lights on the panel such as radiator, oxygen censor of many kinds, starter, etc. in addition to tires with a grand total of $6000 plus for a market value of less than a thousand. I hate to waste and am not used to donation; therefore, I keep it and refuse to fix the air conditioning system. I only drive less than 350 miles a year for tennis matches around the neighborhood.

Pass and pass this time and I bought a sticker on a nearby super market. I am free for another year. The garage foreman tells me after three year, I only am required for annual safety inspection, no air pollution, and pay $8 instead of $25 now include pollution part. The sticker is about $76 a year for the old vehicle in Texas. I'll have this 98 Q45 an antique vehicle status in three years and that is why I expect that I'll get more than a thousand sale price afterward.

No comments: