Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Coming back from a 12 day cruise to Lisbon, Portugal 2023/Carlos Pueblo

 Coming back from a 12 day cruise to Lisbon, Portugal 2023/Carlos Pueblo

It took about two full days to complete my return from Lisbon, Portugal to Houston, Texas after a 12 day cruise mostly at sea. You would ask me if it is worth for me take these kinds of trip over and over again. I have no answers to that. I am a lonely person yet I like to travel around the world and cruising is the most comfortable journey for me at this time.

The journey started at Ft. Carnarval, Florida more than two weeks ago. I flied to Orlando, Florida a day before the ship embark. It was very different from what my last experience, a trip coming back from the port to Orlando Airport with a private shuttle bus. This time I had to take a cruise liner arranged bus to the port in time to make sure to be boarded.

Very soon after getting on the huge ship, I noticed that several staff whom I got to know on my previous cruising experience recognized me. After only a few hours, more staff came forward greeting me. We still can remember our first encountering which are very fond memories. I love to cruise and enjoy it very much.

We were running into a rain on our first disembark at a private island owned by the cruise liner. I was prepared before getting off the ship on a tender boat. We couldn't enjoy the facilities provided in the island, yet we did have our Garden Cafe type of lunch before heading back to the more comfortable ship.

It had been a 9 days at sea. It's the reason why the cruise is attracted to frugal people like me, the cost price is low during an inflation and the summer vacation season. The ship was fully booked. I found my way to fully enjoyed myself. We did disembark at Ponta Delagarda and Funchal before reaching Lisbon,

My bet to take a public train to the airport worked. A kindly couple guided me to a down stair terminal to board a light rail transit system. They kindly guided me to follow them to make a change of another train. A local young man helped me to carry my heavy one luggage down stair.

No comments: