Monday, June 26, 2023

Back to New York City for a day 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Back to New York City for a day 2022/Carlos Pueblo

After a day stop at St. John, New Brunswick, Canada, our ship turn south back to Manhattan. It was the end of my first seven day trip, I booked another seven day of the same route. We call it a back to back with a total of fourteen day trip. There is a day in this Metropolitan City of the world for me. I consider that is a good deal because of the cost of one day in this city in compare to what I have paid to the cruise liner.

I disembark early in the morning walked across the terminal to wait on a bus to the Port Authority Station on the Subway to change to Chinatown Canal Station. I have done it for many times and it is very in-expansive. I was too early for the restaurant to wait on me. I was going to have a bowl of seafood rice noodle and a plate of marinated duck, a famous Chao-Chou delicacy. I have been to this restaurant in Manhattan Chinatown for many years. IN the 1980's, I could even brought three whole ducks back to Houston. Usually, I would walk to the restaurant near by Moss Street and sit down to have the noodle and a plate of duck. It is always very busy day and night. More than two chefs would take turn to chop 180 ducks in a day. Ducks are grown nearby at Long Island.

There are fresh shrimp, squid, crispy fish balls, pork liver, and kidney, etc. in it with unique delight soup. If there is a beer or wine to be accompanied, it can be a very good treat.

After the rich lunch, I had to make a hurry back to the ship because I was not quite familiar to the city's rest room system in case I had to use it. The foods are a little bit greasy in compare to those on the ship.

No comments: