Saturday, December 28, 2019

Learning how to use the camera manually/Carlos Pueblo

Learning how to use the camera manually/Carlos Pueblo

During my travelling, I always carry cameras to catch photos which are interested to me and become my collection; however, some of the scenery are pretty hard for me to make them successful such as too bright on the back ground and a moving object, etc. Learning how to use the camera manually is my goal on this cruise trip in New Zealand and Australia. Luckily, I ran into a kind photographer on the camera department, Engelbert S. Rias and with his patient advice, I started my Pentax shooting manually and still kept my Lumix as a back up to avoid sudden jam on the manual set up.

Actually, there are three numbers which determined the manual technique, the shuttle speed, the shuttle lens width, and the brightness of the lens or called ISO. He gave me a sheet photo on my i-phone in case I need it to be rescued at jam. Jam means that I can't get the shot. Thee three numbers can be in good coordination to make a shot, a clean shot. I learn that in case of to dark inside, I can use the flash light to help to rescue my error and sometime it works.

My previous failure has been the glaciers in Alaska because that they are too bright and I must respond it to an adequate ISO, speed, and lens open width altogether. His manager, Eugene, also advises me to take a lesson on You Tube and I don't know if I am ready to have that lesson. I also like to have the portrait of my lovely adopted daughters on board. They are young and beautiful, hard working and good personality, and furthermore with touching stories behind them of their helping their family at home. I always send back our together pictures to them with my best regards. Going on cruise is just like coming home. I wish that I can use one of my small portrait lens to make portrait shot. I gather their photos with many flowers photos from the famous gardens all over the world.

I also ran into another expert in photography, Nancy Poitzsch from Germany. She flipped her works on her nice Sony camera. She has taken many wild animals large and small in Australia. I can see how excellent of her works. She would edit her works into a book and sell them to the publisher for mass printing. One night, I mentioned her to Engelbert and there she was passing by. Amazingly to watch these two camera experts to discuss cameras and photography. On the last night, she was taping her i-phone to a video with the cruise ginger bread houses for Christmas with a help of a toy that I believe to be for her own You Tube show.

No comments: