Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Young bicycle riders/ Carlos Pueblo

Young bicycle riders/ Carlos Pueblo

I ran into three long distance bicycle riders at my hostel room in
Istanbul, Turkey where they were waiting for their visa to pass through
Iran to the east. One of them were from Sweden waiting in the room most
of the time while I did have time to chat with him and hear his traveling
experience. He was just graduated from high school and was on his yearly
ride across the world. The other two were from Germany and Australia
and both freshly minted college graduates.

He is a tall strong red hair beard handsome man with a very good knowledge
of his life. He knows what he like to do early in his life. After learning that I
was from Houston, Texas, he told me that he just finished his ride in Austin.
I understand that camping facility in the United States are very comfortable
and plenty. He explained that how he packed all his necessity into 4 baskets
hanging two each in the front and back which included spare folded tires,
dry foods, cooking utensil, tent, etc. I could see the volume when those were
spread around his bed in the room, of course, he had had a i-phone type of
computer at his hands all the time.

He was interested in what I brought up to our conversation subjects such as
the Obama’s not that covert actions in Iraq and Sudan which was a headline
news on New York Time European edition and caught on my eyes. U.S. Army
special force in bed with the Kurdish force advanced and beleaguered the Capital
city of ISIS and, US Army force also consulted the African Union to manage a
war in Sudan. The article indicated the African union force were mainly from
Kenya and Uganda. He was interested and I also mentioned how Clinton and
his administration to end the aggressive of Serbia toward Bosnia and Kosovo.
He said that he knew Kosovo because that his brother was on that Kosovo
Mission represented European Union force of Sweden Company to help Kosovo
after the war. It was a good story of modern history in Europe where everything
were related, Ottoman, Prussia, Balkans, Islam, orthodox church, and Albania,
etc.

His Iranian visa was granted, as a matter of fact all three of them in the same week
at the end of my departure. We said farewell when I left Istanbul. The other two
young riders were a German and an Australian both were just graduated from college.
I admired all of them to have such adventure at a young age in their life.





No comments: