Thursday, July 20, 2017

Two topics from Turkey’s ancient capital/Carlos Pueblo

Two topics from Turkey’s ancient capital/Carlos Pueblo

I did briefly drop by Topkapi Sarayi, Topkapi Palace of Byzantine on
the morning when I ran into that con-artist to steal my 40 US dollar.
Byzantine Empire was before Ottoman Empire and before that my
knowledge could only track to Roman Empire. This is the history of
current day Turkey while developing the second of my topic the race
of Turks.

Topkapi Palace is located on the shore of Marmara Deniz, the sea of
Marmara on the European side of Istanbul. Not far away, you can take
a ferry across Istanbul Bosphorus strait to the Asian side of Istanbul.
Topkapi is a Palace of Byzantine era. There have been four different
Empires, Roman, East Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman since the beginning
of the century. Topkapi is a beautiful museum at present with a beautiful
garden and I regret very much that I don’t take advantage to visit on this
trip.

I am very curious of the Turks, the people of such rich heritage. I thought that
the Turks were originally  from current day northern China, north of the great
Wall of China called Gokturks, a branch of the Huns. After thousands year war
with Chinese,  they were pushed westward to the north of Altai Mountain.
Eventually the Mongolian pushed these people further west along the ancient
Silk Road to the current day Middle east. They got a final break in current day
Turkey after the Mongolian stopped at Baghdad. In 1299 A.D. they formed a
Kingdom and conquered Byzantine in 1453 A.D. to set up the Ottoman. This
Ottoman went up north through the Balkans to reach to the wall of Vienna.
During 600 years, Ottoman Empire was a center of Africa, Asia, and Europe
and Istanbul was the capital city attracted so many different kinds of people,
the black from Africa, yellow skin Asian, and  white skin Caucasian. Caucasia
is nearby. According to my classical Chinese history knowledge, Gokturk are
color eyes and white skin like current day Uyghurs in  the east Turkistan, western
China. I am not quite sure if Turks and Uyghurs speak the same language; however,
Turks, Mongolian, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, and Finish are all Altai linguistics.

Immigrating to the U.S. helps me to understand how people immigrate especially
when people move in order to find a better place to live. Now Turks move to
the western Europe and I understand because people move to America as well.






  

No comments: