Sunday, July 4, 2021

Returning to my own paradise/Carlos Pueblo

 Returning to my own paradise/Carlos Pueblo

Since last Tuesday Dr. Carvonius's emergency visit for Arthur, I have been returning to my own paradise. I don't ask or fantasize too much for my own paradise; therefore, I always that I have lived in it for a long time in the United States. I was temporarily left due to the stress of Arthur's left eye surgery and a threat of the retinal detachment repeat. It broke my pretention of an old rosy life. The doctor says that is a laser scar and we are all relieved. How do I define my own paradise? It is a philosophy of my life.

I was brought up in a family of nine in a small Tatami bungalow duplex in a small township of my father's employer, Taiwan Sugar Corporation, in the central southwest of Taiwan. It was a company's residential complex belonged to the company. We never owned a single dwelling house before I left Taiwan in 1977. In the end of 2012, we sold our Traviata old house to a builder for $400,000 and bought a better house for $255,000 just three miles south. It has been the end of headache for more than thirty years. The Traviata homestead is located in a better school district and we have had no regret at all. I have written several articles on my blog to describe how fortunate myself to live in the subdivision.

I have been very settled of myself about my idle carrier life. I love to work yet I can't hold my job more than ten years. I can only maintain a lower income job; however, I do get used to it because that I am frugal, save, invest, and proud of them. It has been four years since I take the requirement minimum distribution of my self funded pensions. I can tolerate the income tax posted on me. It is a good feeling of getting pay without working like to live in a paradise.

I am not working and I am no longer required to dress up even though I am still dress properly with my old cloths. I have no needs to impress anybody for a long time. I have developed a rotate vehicle fleet system in the family. I let Amy drive a brand new vehicle, her old car is given to Michelle, Arthur gets Michelle's car, and I take the oldest vehicle in the family. This way, every vehicle can be used for more than 15 years, i.e. the one I am driving is a 1998 Infiniti and is still working well even though is no air conditioning. I don't need air conditioning because I drive to play tennis and swimming.

I do go out to travel quite often. I love to cruise and make many friends on traveling around the world. I am now having more fun to stay home to manage my life in my own paradise. I get more and less stress than staying out.

No comments: