Saturday, February 25, 2023

A sketch of a pretty bar waitress on board/Carlos Pueblo

 


A sketch of a pretty bar waitress on board/Carlos Pueblo

The cruise ship Gem returned to Puerto Plata, Dominica Republic at the Atlantic on our way back to New York City. I was busy and tried to talk to nine beautiful parakeets without significant success. Upon return


ing to the ship's 24 hours restaurant, I saw an Arts & Craft with Cruise Staff class was at the end. Few passengers students turned their works back to the instructor. A silver hair lady was far front of the atrium podium, she turned her work to a pretty bar waitress with an asymmetric style hairdo. The girl was shocked and the instructor permitted her to keep the sketch. The silver hair lady handed her another blank piece of paper to cover the sketch. I knew what was going on, the lady artist drew a portrait of this pretty waitress and she was shocked. The artist's husband handed her cash to tip that pretty girl for her service.

It was at the same afternoon, I ran into this pretty waitress at her bar on deck 6, the Magnums, in front of the French Restaurant. She was with a Japanese lady scientist. I asked her if that silver hair lady was an artist. She was not quite sure and she insisted that she didn't post for her to sketch. She speaks fluent Japanese and obviously she is a Japanese Brazilian with an Italian surname. That same night, the lady artist was seated behind me at the atrium for a lady singer's show. She noticed my conversation with the pretty girl and knew that I would write an article about such sketch. She is a retired arts teacher of 30 years. Her husband was on her side also. They have a Japanese daughter-in-law who live in New York City. We have had a very good conversation about Japanese arts of animation. A sketch is a realistic art work yet she did input her idea to make such art work as an impressionist. I have had a strong desire to see her work.

Before the end of our cruise, I ran into Mildren San again, the pretty bar waitress. She showed me the sketch, a special effort to get it from her wall at her dormitory. I took several pictures with her. The high light of her hairdo and the vivid express of her eyes. Mrs. Lynn Wells, the artist, approached me at the end of our cruise and we exchanged our e-mails address and I promised her to introduce her art work to my readers worldwide.


No comments: