Friday, September 2, 2016

Visiting Queen Elizabeth Park Rose Garden, Vancouver, CA/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Queen Elizabeth Park Rose Garden, Vancouver, CA/Carlos Pueblo

We had stayed two nights at Vancouver, CA for the back to back Alaska Cruise
in June, 2016. I must write something about our visit again to the rose garden
of the Queen Elizabeth Park. I have attempted several times to visit this rose
garden ever since our last visit in the early 90’s. I saw the park station on our
way to the harbor and determined to visit it on our way back. Previously, I had
missed the Park when I tried and ended up to another famous Stanley Park and
no rose garden was found. We ran into a young student from Taipei and she was
very surprised for such a long time yet I still missed the old rose garden and she
recommended next time coming earlier for the cherry blossom in Vancouver. I
am also a cherry blossom nut. We must take a transferring bus to the Park from
the subway station. She was very nice to give up a tip to pass a busy street to
a next bus stop right to descent to the subway steps to avoid the traffic light
across that busy intersection.

I found that small picnic area with a small brook of mountain spring. Our young
Kids were playing with the freezing stream water while I was busy to eat the
Imported Lee-chi fruit from China, I was not allowed to carry such items across
the U.S. border. Finally, we found the lovely rose garden in my memory. I love
roses as well as peonies, dahlias, and Japanese cherry blossom etc. I have visited
beautiful roses gardens all over the world, just name a few for your reference,
Queen Mary’s roses garden at the Regent’s Park in London; the city roses garden
In front of Malaga, Spain;  the city roses garden of Buenos Aires, Argentina, and
Some for profit commercial roses gardens. Most of the times, I visit free public
Flowers gardens. I love flowers because they are renewable in the spring every
year, now at my senior age, I compare flowers with the appearance of lady, young
or old, from charming to elegantly and gracefully.

I also am impressed with the mild weather, cleanliness and beautiful scenery of
the city of Vancouver, Canada. I’ll come back next year a little bit earlier to catch

on the first cruise to Alaska and also enjoy the cherry blossom of the city.

No comments: