Saturday, August 17, 2024

Life without the desktop computer/Carlos Pueblo

 

Life without the desktop computer/Carlos Pueblo

 

A month ago, my desktop computer was broken due to age and virus. Suddenly, my quiet life changed. I couldn’t spend my daily life on the internet doing my routine, managing my blog, checking my investment in the security stocks and funds, watching Youtube, etc. My son Arthur told me that was due to the age of the computer, i.e. I was still using Windows 7 which couldn’t be updated any longer and there was no way for him to reformat the hard drive; therefore, we should purchase a new model and I agree.

 

While I was waiting, I used my old Smartphone to do the e-mail, check on the cruise line, and do the stock trading, etc. Finally, he set it up for me in a month. Now, I have Windows 11 with my new edition of hardware. I gradually got into my banking and security accounts even though I did run into problems with new logins. 

 

The next issue is how I can go back to my blog work. He helps me to set up the language choice such as Chinese Kanji selection; however, I lose the keyboard this time and I can’t use a Kanji Ju-in print out to write my Chinese composition; therefore, I must suspend my Chinese prose for the time being. I shall figure it out later.





No comments: