Saturday, March 2, 2024

Another nervous day/Carlos Pueblo

 Another nervous day/Carlos Pueblo

Maintaining a senior life is an art to avoid boring and stressful. I make it very simple that I shall eat and sleep to keep my daily needs filled, then I would add something in between during the day. Usually, I play light tennis in the morning for an hour; therefore, I can take my morning nap when I return home. If I take lunch, I can take another nap right after the meal. I go to bed before 8:30 am and wake up several times right at midnight to do something which is interesting to me. Amy couldn't wait for me to help her to cut dead branches on the flower trees, she went ahead to finish it. She still asked me to clean fallen leaves from the Arizona oaks. I went to the pharmacy to request my Metformin drugs for a month-long trip to Taiwan. When I came back, I was very happy to do more street blowing of fallen leaves and I moved my street car in order to complete the cleaning. In the afternoon when I tried to go to the pharmacy to pick up my medicine, my cruise agent from Miami, Florida called and chatted with me for a while at my chilling garage. I found my old vehicle on the street had a flat on the right rear. I got nervous. It was late and the traffic was bad at that time. This old vehicle might cost me additional money to make it running.

I had a towing car service company send a technician here to replace the spare. Amy was against going right away to the tire store because of the traffic and the closing time for the shop. She could help me to pick up my medicine because she had one to pick up as well. She also liked me to accompany her to a supermarket to buy some vegetables. Drugs were not ready and the clerk asked us to wait. We decided to go to the market to do the shopping. It was a busy evening, A 10 pounds watermelon is $8 now, a one pound pineapple is $4, the asparagus is $4 a pound, and a nice big mango is $2, etc. I agree to Amy that the inflation is here to stay.

I decided to drive the disabled vehicle the next morning to the tennis court first, then slowly to the tire shop. I was early so I went to another store to check on some flower plants to prepare to plant in the yards. I found Dahlia bulbs in a bag for $11. The tire store supervisor gave me a hard time to accept my vehicle because Amy needed to be present. I argued and a store manager came and overruled it in my favor. The mechanic recognizes the vehicle and me both are the original customers from the store.

No comments: