Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Going to and coming back from two cruises/Carlos Pueblo

 Going to and coming back from two cruises/Carlos Pueblo

After almost 27 months for not going to cruises due to the Covic-19 pandemic, I finally got an opportunity to resume my hobby of the cruising. I asked my brother-in-law Mr. Yong to have a ten day trip to the Caribbean sea. Because he allowed me to stay at his apartment; therefore. I could adjust my flying schedule to save some money, an essential part of my traveling hobby. I have to take Covic-19 test for a negative proof two days before the embark at the New York City Manhattan pier. Amy did have a small procedure to take a sample from her breast on the day of my leave for NYC; however, the surgery created a non-stop breeding which made us very uncomfortable.

Mr. Yong came to La Quadia to take me his residence and I took the second test on the street and both negative result came back to me on the following days. I shall describe my first 10 days journey to the Caribbean later. During the return from the first cruise and waiting for my flight back to Houston, we took a tour at the Flushing Chinatown. I bought 6 pieces of large quava and broke a piece of my tooth. The nerve was exposed and I was uncomfortable. My way of dealing this tooth ache is drink hot mung bean tea, a remedy from my late mother.

The airline canceled my original flight back to Houston and arranged me to take a little bit later direct flight back; however, my luggage were checked in before the change. Two luggage were stuck in Dallas and didn't arrive till the next morning. I had had a schedule to dogs sit Michelle's house in Austin for 6 days while she was on vacation. I decided to leave the luggage at Hobby Airport and replace by one only when I returned to the airport for my second journey back to the La Quadia for my second cruise to across the Atlantic on the same ship. It was very hustled for everything. Arthur had a flat tire when we were in Austin. His i-phone battery was dead. I took him to a shop to replace two tires and made some arrangement for my second trip. While visiting a i-phone repair shop, I lost my bank envelope with $300 cash and realized it before my dental appointment. My blood pressure was boiled to 160 and the dental hygienist refused to clean my teeth and I didn't even to have an opportunity to consult with a dentist about my tooth ache. I was lucky that the store technician found my cash envelope and returned it to me.

Mr Yong couldn't accommodate my second stay with him; therefore, I decided to wait my embark outside NYC at New Haven, Connecticut to save some money. It was very interesting to re-visit Yale University.

I did have a very nice trip across the Atlantic from NYC to Rome, Italy. I disembark at a port north of Rome and took two trains first to Rome and then to the International Airport. On my way bak to Houston, I stopped over in Istanbul, Turkey and had a very nice Sushi-Sasimi dinner at the Airport.

No comments: